Thursday, March 15, 2012

You'd Think We Would Learn

Well, it has happened.  Today, as we were leaving the house, I realized that I had forgotten to give Alex his medicine and as I realized this and said it out loud, Alex's response?

"Oh, Fuck!" 

I should have known.  It happened right around this time with Avery as well (actually, probably a bit younger with her).  I blame Avery's potty mouth on Josh.  However, unfortunately, I have to take full blame for this one.  Because, you see, Alex has been REALLY challenging lately.  He has been sick all week, so I'm sure that is the culprit, but man!  I mean, things like, today, he was putting carrots in Deacon's Kong before we left the house and I helped put ONE carrot in - "I WANT TO DO IT"  MELTDOWN!!!!!!!!!  Or,  when I went to pick up his hat from the ground so that we could get into the car - "I WANT TO DO IT!" MELTDOWN!!!!! So, I put it back on the ground so that he can pick it up - "WELL, DON'T PUT IT THERE!!!!!!!"  MELTDOWN!  I mean, it truly is unbelievable.  And, up until this point, he has never uttered a bad word and obviously - yes, I realize that it is totally wrong to swear in general - much less in front of your two-year-old.  And, it isn't like I've been screaming profanities around him.  But, I will admit - especially in the last week or so, there have probably been a few times when some not so nice words have been said under my breath.  Well, apparently, he heard those words.  I took the same approach we did with Avery - just ignored it.  Let's hope this works.  Knowing Al, it won't be that easy.  Fuck.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment