Thursday, March 8, 2012

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

A couple of weeks ago, we surprised Avery by taking her and her best friend, Maggie to go and see Mary Poppins Live.  We had bought the tickets a long time ago, but didn't tell the girls until we got a bit closer to the date - partially to let them unwind from the holidays and partially to avoid the "Mom - when are we going to see Mary Poppins?" question that was sure to follow daily from the time we told her until the show. 

It was a great girls' day all around.  Avery, Maggie and her mom Jill and I all went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory before the show and then afterwards, had some time to kill at the mall, so we walked around, did a little shopping and got some ice cream.  I have to say - for a mall with stores like Tiffany's, Nordstroms, Bailey Banks and Biddle, etc. - the PP Mall sure does have it's fair share of "interesting people" walking around.  I think that Avery summed it up well by saying, "Mom - there were a lot of weird people in the mall!  And, a lot of women who weren't wearing any bras!!!  Where were their bras?"  I mean, I couldn't blame her given that half of the women (i.e., girls anywhere between 14 years old and 60 years old) were definitely "hanging out" a bit more than I would like to consider appropriate.



The show was great. And, while it did get to be a bit long for 2 4-year-olds, they did really really well.  I am not sure they fully understood the idea of live, so we did prepare them by saying that there would be loud music, real people, etc.  I have to admit - I was a bit nervous when the music started and I looked over to see Maggie covering both ears with her hands.  I was thinking it was going to be a long 2 1/2 hours for poor Jill, but, she was a trooper and got over it quickly and enjoyed the show - music and all. 

Definitely a good (albeit, expensive) test to see if they are ready for anything else like this in the future.  Can't wait to do it again (minus the boobs at PP Mall) soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment