Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I mentioned it briefly in my last post, but thought that it was so important that it deserves its own post....2 weeks ago, the Holland family got new mattresses!!!!  Well, except for Alex.  He is still in his crib, so he doesn't need a new mattress.  And, yes - he is nearly 2 1/2 and still in his crib.  He hasn't tried climbing out yet and the idea of him not having bars surrounding him and therefore enabling him to follow me out as I leave his room at night?  That, in my opinion, is not fun.  So, he's staying in his crib until the age of 16, if I have anything to say about it. 

Anyway...this is very big news as A) Josh and I have been sleeping on his mattress that he has had since HIGH SCHOOL.  Yes, people.  High School.  He is currently 37 years old.  I'll let you do the math.  So, needless to say, I have a sneaking suspicion that half of my neck pain is attributed to this mattress and as a result, we needed a new one.  B) Avery was still in her toddler bed and it was clearly time for her to graduate to a real bed.  Now, if I had my choice, it would have been a twin, as I'm not sure a 4-year-old necessarily needs anything larger.  However, the crib that we bought conveniently converts to a double bed, so a double is what she has.  I have to say, it looks great in her room and she LOVES it.  She loves it so much that she has even MADE it every day since we have gotten it.  Although, this morning, she informed me that "it isn't fair" that she has to make her bed every day because it is "just too hard," but whatever.  She made it, so score 1 for Mom.



And, just because I really think that baby butts are cute, here is a picture of Al looking for the moo-moo cows as we were putting together Avery's bed.  And, no, I don't remember why he was naked.  I think we were in between diaper changes and pee pee on the potty...


No comments:

Post a Comment