Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New England Living

My company throws a great summer picnic every year for all of the employees and their families.  For the last two years, it has been at Fort Adams State Park in Newport, RI which has to be one of the more beautiful places I've ever been.  It is places and scenes like this that make me realize that yep - we are in fact in New England!  And, coincidentally, it is scenes like this that make me realize, Yep!  We are in fact poor...



Regardless, the kids had a great time.  Avery got both cheeks painted and had her fair share of ice cream treats (see below for theory on food and company picnics)...


And, being the outdoorsy girl that she is, we had to go hunting for starfish. I have to admit - given that I'm not so "outdoorsy," I find it very hard to be supportive of these adventures as the idea of picking of a starfish totally skeeves me out, but I go along with it and try to be excited and...I just let her pick everything up and pray that whatever she is holding won't bite her or sting her and is not poisonous...




And, Al?  Al walked around with this bag of fishies and chatted with the ladies all day.  You have to love those events when you let your kid eat an entire bag of goldfish because quite frankly?  It made him happy.  And, I would much prefer a happy kid while in front of co-workers than a not-so-happy kid.  Granted, I'm sure they all think that he is a great kid and yet I'm a horrible mother for letting him eat an entire bag of goldfish, but, whatever.  At least I'm fun to work with and that is all that they care about...

No comments:

Post a Comment