Thursday, August 25, 2011

4 years, 3 months and 10 days

That is exactly how long it had been since I have had a day with NO schedule (well, besides work, of course).  Coincidentally, this also happens to be the exact age of my oldest child.  Don't get me wrong - I love my children.  I really do.  But, damn!  It really felt good to be able to do whatever I wanted to do for an entire day and a half.  And, that is exactly what I did this last weekend with three of my good girlfriends.  Colleen came up from New York and Erin and Jen came from Boston (or close to it) and we all met in Newport for the weekend.  We lived my dream on Saturday - got to the beach at 11 am and didn't leave until around 6 pm.  And, while on the beach?  I sat on my butt and didn't do a thing except for read magazines, talk and drink sangria.  Does life get any better than that?  After the beach, we headed back to the hotel and had some wine while on the balcony overlooking the Newport Harbor. 



And, just because this is 1 of the 5 pictures I took all weekend, I figured I'd include it - this is Erin and Colleen right after the beach.  There is also one of me and Colleen, but it is a horrible one of me and since this is my blog, I will exercise my right to exclude it from this post.  :) 



And, then finally made our way to dinner at around 9 pm.  We had a great dinner at a local restaurant and then went out for more wine afterwards.  Although dark, I thought that this picture turned out well of Jen, Erin and Colleen at the bar before dinner. 



I will admit that, while it was great not being forced to stick to a schedule?  I seemed to forget the reason that I have had a schedule for the last 4 years, 3 months and 10 days and that reason is 2 energetic toddlers who don't really understand the concept of, "Mommy got really really drunk last night and feels like crap, so please just occupy yourselves while she sleeps."  So, needless to say, I paid for my good time on Sunday when I got home (and, I'll admit  - I was still hurting just a bit even on Monday), but it was all very worth it.  That day will go down in my book as one of the best this summer.  Thanks, girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment