Monday, June 6, 2011

Warning!

I've decided that it would be really helpful if all kids, when they are born, come with a label.  A label that would give their parents some indication of how they will eventually turn out.  For example,

Warning!  I'm going to have reflux for the first 6 months of my life, so let's just avoid the frustration and put me on meds on Day 1 or

Warning!  I don't plan to sleep through the night until I'm 9 months old, so just suck it up and deal with it. 

Or, the one that currently applies to our dear Al?

Warning!  I will get into everything and anything I'm not supposed to, so watch out!!! 

You see, if he had this label on him, I could have maybe been prepared and could have maybe known that I can't really trust him with the same things I used to trust his sister with (and, don't get me wrong - just because I could trust her a bit more doesn't mean she didn't need some of her own labels!).

Let's just run down a list of the things that he got into this last weekend (yes, all of this occurred in one weekend):

1.  Got a hold of the toothpaste - and, not just any toothpaste - the fluoride free, need to take out another mortgage to be able to afford, kids toothpaste and SQUEEZED IT ALL into the sink.

2.  Gold a hold of the LARGE bottle of bubbles that I bought and that should have lasted a good 30 bubble blowing sessions and spilled it ALL over the deck.

3.  Was asked to get a kleenex for his nose and instead, took every single kleenex out of the box and threw it all over the bathroom.

4.  Unrolled nearly and entire roll of toilet paper

5.  Got a hold of one of Avery's markers and drew all over his chin.

6.  Got a hold of a bottle of purell and turned it upside down and squeezed it all over himself and the carpeting (that one really sucked).

And, of course, let's not forget the sunscreen incident last weekend.  I mean, REALLY?????  Wow.  Well, you will be happy to know that, after 2 years of life and after a weekend filled with such events, I believe I have finally learned my lesson.  This little one?  Needs to be watched at ALL times...

And, yes - that is said marker on his face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment