Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy 1st 2nd Birthday, Al!

We had Alex's first 2nd birthday this last weekend with Josh's family.  I was actually pretty impressed with how organized we were.  We had pretty much everything done the day before.  Including this guy...



I asked Alex numerous times what he wanted his cake to be.  I gave him the option of a ball, a dog and a moo-moo cow.  He picked the moo-moo cow, so this is what we went with. 

So, as I was saying, we were really organized for this party.  One small issue was the fact that I couldn't remember what time I had put on the invite - 4? or 4:30?  Knowing the way these parties typically turn out, I figured everyone would be late, so planning on sometime between 4 and 430 should be just fine. 

Well, time slipped away from me and we were running a bit behind even the "between 4 and 430 time frame," which wouldn't have been big deal except that, just as I heard a car pulling up the driveway (at exactly 4 pm, mind you), I noticed a PIECE OF POOP ON MY BEDROOM FLOOR!  Yep - Al hadn't gotten his diaper on yet after taking a bath and decided to remind us of this fact by taking a poop in our room and then WALKING IN IT!  So, here we are - Josh hasn't showered yet.  Avery isn't dressed yet.  I'm not dressed yet.  CLEARLY Alex isn't dressed yet and not only is he not dressed, but he has poop all over his feet and legs.  So, now I'm being forced to give him another bath as someone is arriving for the party.  The good news is, it was Josh's parents, so of anyone to show up during all of this, they were ok as they have pretty much seen it all with my kids anyway. 

After that whole fiasco, the party went very well and I think that everyone enjoyed themselves. 



Alex still doesn't quite get the concept of presents yet, so Avery assisted with most of the opening process and he just sat there and smiled and laughed. 




All in all - a great day (poop and all).

No comments:

Post a Comment