Friday, May 27, 2011

Dead or Alive?

So, for whatever reason, Avery and Alex have both become obsessed with squirt bottles.  They love to just go outside (or inside for that matter) and squirt things with water- or, as Avery calls it, bleach things (she gets this from daycare, as she witnesses the teachers spraying down the table with a bottle of bleach and water before and after snack, lunch, etc).  So, up until the other night, we only had one squirt bottle and as you can imagine, having to share eventually led to meltdowns by both of them that were the kind of meltdowns where I'm pretty sure my neighbors now think that we beat our children.  As a solution, Josh combined 2 windex bottles (both of which had about 1/8 of the bottle left - why didn't we combine them sooner?  Because we're unorganized. You should know this by now) and then cleaned one of them out (he claims "20 times") and filled that with water to give to Avery.  So, now Avery has one squirt bottle and Alex has the other.  It's great - they are perfectly content for a good 30 mins just "bleaching" things.  Well, last night, I was standing near them and swore I could still smell windex coming out of Avery's bottle.  So, I told her that she couldn't squirt anything that was alive - this includes flowers, trees, bushes (which, as you all know, we have some of each now), Deacon and people.  Apparently?  In Avery's eyes?  Mom is no longer among the living...

I may have to agree with her given the fact that I just posted a picture of my ass for the entire world to see....

No comments:

Post a Comment