Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Smarty Pants

This post is actually about me, believe it or not. And, not only is it about me, but it is about something ridiculously embarrassing that I said last night at the dinner table. Clearly I wouldn't share this if I had more than 4 followers, but it is such a classic Whitney-ism, that I had to tell you all....

So, the other morning, when Josh went out to start my car, he noticed that I had NPR on the radio and he made the comment when he came in that he was so impressed that I was listening to that (rather my usual country, pop, etc. music). So, at that point, I felt the need to impress him even more and tell him, "you know - there is some crazy stuff going on in Egypt right now - people are not happy." At which point, he asked me why (note - he already knew the answer, just as most of you probably do) and I had no response. But, that isn't the point of this story, so we'll move on.

So, LAST night, on the way home from work, I listened to NPR again. And, as we were eating dinner, I exclaimed to Josh, "Did you know that Mobama Borack isn't stepping down? He just isn't going to run in September!!!!???"

At that point, Josh bursts out laughing.

CLEARLY he doesn't realize that apparently, the president of Egypt, Mobama Borack is a distant cousin of our own president Barack Obama....duh!



No comments:

Post a Comment