Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A girl after my own heart...

Every Monday is library day at Avery's school.  So, the teacher takes the entire class over to the library and they get to pick out a book to bring back to the classroom to read.  So, last night, Avery tells me:

"Mom, today, at the library, I almost checked out a book about the 2 kings who tried to kill Jesus when he was an adult."  (mind you, she goes to a catholic school)

Me - "Oh really?"  Not really knowing a) what the heck she was talking about and b) how to react to the idea of someone killing Jesus.

Avery - "Yeah, but then.....I decided to get Fancy Nancy instead.

HA!

I mean, I can't tell you how many times this conversation has taken place between Josh and I except instead  of the 2 kings killing Jesus, insert some ridiculously boring book about WWII and instead of Fancy Nancy, insert People Magazine.

I love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment