Friday, March 25, 2011

Sugar Man

I'm still waiting to get the camera from Josh's parents, so in the meantime, I thought that I would share a recent Avery story. Most of you who read this have heard it because I thought that it was that funny, but whatever...

The other day, Avery came home from school and said,

"Mom, D (I'll spare his name) has a lot of things with sugar in them in his lunch. So, I told him that he really shouldn't eat all of those things because, if he does, he won't grow up to have big muscles."

Whitney - "And, what did he say when you told him that?"

Avery - "Well, he told me that he really likes those things and still wanted to eat them."

Whitney - "So, what did you say to that (hoping that she just left it at that??!!)"

Avery - "So, I said to him, 'Well, ok then, SUGAR MAN!!!!'"




The following day, it just so happened that we pulled up right next to D and his mom (who I am friends with) getting out of the car at daycare and she tells me that D no longer has cookies in his lunch because he told her that Avery doesn't allow him to eat sweets any more.

As you can imagine, I was slightly embarrassed and can only hope that she realizes this truly had nothing to do with Josh or I and that it was all Avery. Given that she knows Avery well, I'm sure she realizes this...

No comments:

Post a Comment