Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Perplexed

I realize that TX and RI are not really all that close geographically speaking. But, I am still perplexed as to how 2 places in the same country can be so different weather-wise. To be honest - it really ticks me off knowing that people in places like TX are living in warm, beautiful weather and then people (aka, me) are living in RI where it is still snowing AFTER the 1st day of spring. Then again, I guess those people in TX will be jealous of us people in RI come July when we spend all day outside in the gorgeous 75 degree and sunny weather and everyone in TX will spend all day inside in order to get away from the hot and humid 100 degree weather. But, whatever....this post isn't about me or the weather. It is about my nieces (and my sister, parents and brother in law)...

Which brings me to another thing that I'm perplexed by...how is it that babies can be so different even when they are at least 1/2 way made up of the same genes? I'm not joking when I say that Charlotte literally wakes up to eat, then gets a bit fussy until she pukes and poops, but then as soon as she gets that out of her system? Is CONTENT. A word that is foreign in the Holland household when it comes to babies.





For a brief second, that little stinker tricked me into thinking that all babies are like her and that I could handle another! Josh was less than thrilled to hear this and quickly reminded me of our not so content times with Alex as a baby. He has a point...

Anyway - my weekend in TX was spent exactly how I wanted it - meeting Charlotte,



playing with Annabel





Helping Lexi with Annabel so that she could get some much needed sleep and so that I could get some quality time with my oldest niece...



and hanging out with the rest of my family...oh, and doing all of this in 75 degree weather.



On top of all of that, we managed to fit in a trip to a Brazilian Steak House for a belated bday celebration for my mom. As you can imagine, my father was in heaven.





I also got to visit the Houston Rodeo for the first time...





Wow. What an experience. I have to admit - my stomach was having a bit of a hard time with some of it - did you know that they put a rope around the horses' manhood to make them buck????? I'd consider that borderline animal cruelty, but who am I to say? It just so happened that Kid Rock was playing that night at the rodeo. We attempted to stay for a bit, but Annabel would only keep these head phones on long enough for me to take the picture, so we figured it would be best to spare her hearing and miss Kid Rock as a result...




After Texas, I flew (for the second time in a week BY MYSELF!!! (more on that later)) to Florida to meet up with Josh, his parents and the kids. It is at this point that Lexi called to tell me that I forgot my camera in the stroller, so the Florida post will have to wait until I can steal my inlaws' camera from them and post the pictures that I took with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment