Friday, April 26, 2013

Sleep (or lack thereof)

Kind of ironic that I'm posting about a lack of sleep after bragging in my last post about getting lots of it, but this just can't go without posting...

So I have this problem where, if I get woken up in the middle of the night, my mind starts racing and I can't go back to sleep...like, for hours. You know me- I'm a thinker like that. Actually, I think I'd chalk it up to some weird anxiety issue, but that's a story for another post. Anyway...Alex woke up with nightmares at approximately 2 am on both Tuesday and Wednesday night of this week, which subsequently resulted in me being wide awake from approximately 2-4 or 5 am. So, Thursday night, because we were leaving for Florida on Friday morning (sans children!), we had shipped the kids off to Grammy and Grampy's and had shipped Deacon off to "camp." As you can imagine, I was thrilled at the thought of having an entire night of uninterrupted sleep. No nightmares. No snoring dog. Just silence. Until....at 12 am.....Hoot! hoot! Hoot! What's that youask????? A *^#%*ing OWL!!!!! Yes, An owl decided to make his presence known for nearly 30 mins at midnight. It was so bizarre that at first I didn't even ow what it was. I had set the alarm on my iPad that night for the first time and thought that maybe it was the freaking alarm making some weird noise. But, nope. I opened the window and sure enough. It was an owl. So then of course, not only do I start to have anxiety about 50000 things that don't even matter, but now I'm having anxiety that this thing has a nest in our trees and a) will wake me up every night or worse yet, b) swoop down and take one of my children. I swear! They have been known to do that. I can see it now. I will be getting no sleep for the rest of the summer and will be forced to stay indoors at all times for fear of the swooping owl. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment