Monday, December 10, 2012

Fashionista...or shall I say, Fashionisto???

Ok, seriously?  I remember going through a phase with Avery when she started having an opinion about what she was going to wear.  You may remember - the outfit of choice was pretty much any dress or skirt...as long as it was "spinny."  And, yes -the phase was annoying, but not horrible.

Al on the other hand??????????  Oh my lord.  As I'm sure you can understand, at his age, he is growing like a weed.  So, at the beginning of every season, I have to go out and buy him an entirely new wardrobe.  And, every fall, that new wardrobe has consisted of a bunch of khaki type slacks (in khaki, blue and maybe grey), maybe one or two pair of jeans and then maybe one or two pair of sweatpants/comfy pants for the weekends.  If you go back and re-read that, I said nothing about "baseball pants."  This is unfortunate, as this is ALL he wants to wear.  What exactly are baseball pants you ask?  Basically, athletic pants - most of which have a stripe down the side (see below)



I mean, I'm not kidding.  We have EPIC battles in the mornings while trying to get dressed.  I have tried a number of different approaches and none of them work - he wears freaking baseball pants every flippin' day.  And, in case you missed it, let me state it again - I didn't buy any baseball pants at the beginning of the season, so yes!  I have had to go out and purchase all new pants for the kid which inherently means that he now has an entire drawer of pants that he basically doesn't wear.  Why?  Because my kid is the kid who looks like a freaking gym teacher every day when he goes to school.  Oh - and, not only does he insist on baseball pants, but he also insists on a short sleeve t-shirt.  Yep - you guessed it!  NO short sleeve t-shirt were purchased at the beginning of the season.  None.  So, not only does he look like a gym teacher, he looks like a nerdy one who wears t-shirts that are too small on him because they are from like 6 months ago.  Oh - he also wears basically the same 3 short-sleeve t-shirts over and over again, which...you guessed it!  Leads to the exact same outfit being worn more than once in a week.  I can't even handle it, people. 

And, some days, if we are really lucky?  He busts out his trusty sweatband (and for whatever reason, on this particular day, rubber gloves)....


Or!!!!!  Wait for it.......



Snow White's headband (which, yes, he wore to school and kept it on all day).

Lord, help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment