Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Boy vs. Girl

The other day as we were driving to school, I experienced a classic conversation between Alex and Avery.  It started with:

Avery - "Mom, I mean, the first person born on this earth couldn't have been BORN because, well, they were the first person, so how did they come to be?"

Mom - "Not sure, Aves"

Avery - "Well, I mean, I know that Adam and Eve were the first ones on earth, so who do you think came after them?"

Mom (still displaying her overwhelming level of knowledge on the topic) - "Not sure, Aves."

Avery - "I know. I think that it was God.  And, then after God, it was Mary.  And, after Mary, it was Jesus and then after Jesus, it was all of God's disciples and then after them, it was all of the priests in the world..."

Mom - "Actually Avery, I know in your eyes, you may think I'm going to hell, but I actually believe in evolution and happen to think that we all came from Apes and not from Adam and Eve."  HA!  Ok - clearly, I didn't say this, but man - I was thinking it. 

In comes Alex...

Alex - "When I'm born, I want to be a fire fighter."

Avery - "Alex, that just doesn't make any sense.  I mean, you are already on this earth, so that means that you were already born."

Silence....silence....silence...

So, I turn around to see what Alex's reaction is going to be and what do I see?  Alex just sitting there with his finger up his nose staring at Avery with this, "Whatever.  I don't know nor do I care what you just said" look on his face.

Classic, I tell you.  Classic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment