Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wow - Can we say "Productive??"

I am actually starting to feel like our house is truly turning into a home after this weekend. We got so much done!!!
Actually, Saturday – Josh got so much done on the house while I spent the day at the mall with Avery (trust me, I heard all about it when I got home, so I don’t need to hear it from any of you…). BUT – I had scheduled Avery’s 2 year pictures to be taken this weekend, so it wasn’t like I was going to cancel. Anyway -Saturday morning, Avery and I drove to Warwick to get her pictures taken. I was shocked at how well she did. I mean, A) she is 2 and doesn’t really feel like posing for pictures – not only that, but she has also gotten a bit smarter than she was a year ago and just looks at me as though I’m retarded when I dance around and make funny faces in order to get her to smile. And, B) she typically takes a while to warm up to strangers (i.e., the photographer), but she did great! After that, we went to Macy’s so Mama could get some much needed summer maternity clothes. I have to say, I tried continuously remind myself that I really only have 2 months left, so there really was no need to buy out the entire store, but somehow, I still managed to buy more than necessary. Avery, I have to say, was great and sat there eating her apples the entire time I was trying on clothes (ok, ok, she also had chicken nuggets from burger king – I was going to try to sound like the healthy mother, but let’s be honest – anything to keep a kid quiet). That afternoon, we got home and I raced to clean up the house so that our friends Lindsey, Chris and their son Asher could come over for dinner. Granted, I was still wearing my cleaning clothes when they showed up and there will still a few things that I had to make once they got there, but other than that, we were ready and it was a nice dinner. Avery loves playing with Asher and surprisingly, they do very well together. I think that we really only had to tell them to share once and believe it or not, it was over the cat’s bed – still not sure what they were doing with that thing other than playing tug-a-war, but, regardless…


Ok – so, house stuff that got done:
1. Josh got the patio furniture out of our inlaw’s basement (where it has been for 2 years) and cleaned it all up – mind you, it is sitting in our basement because we will actually have to bring it up to the kitchen to use it for Avery’s bday party this weekend, so we didn’t want it to get wet. These are the things that you have to do when you don’t have enough seating for 17 ppl.
2. Josh got the hammock from our inlaws and set that up.
3. Josh got the sandbox from our inlaws and put sand in that.



4. Josh bought a weed whacker and weed whacked the edge of the lawn
Yes….I did some things as well…
5. I hung pictures, organized our entertainment center,




hung my birdfeeders (ok - one feeder - the other is still on the ground awaiting a hook to hang it with)




and generally cleaned up a bunch of stuff. Oh, I also put together Avery’s rocking horse that her Opa and Grandma got her for her 1st bday. The funny thing is, I hadn’t put it together because, based on the size of the box, I thought that it would be too big for the apartment. Turns out, it really wasn’t that big, so we probably could have put it together a year ago – sorry Mom and Dad! But, nonetheless, she loves it and is at a perfect age for it now. She has named it “neigh.” Very creative of her. Sorry - I'm a horrible mom and haven't gotten a picture of her on it yet - will put it in next post.


6. Oh – we also got our bar stools for the island that we ordered on overstock.com!!! I love them. They go really well in the kitchen AND they arrived just in time for Lindsey and Chris to come over and fulfill one of my dreams – to have company sit at the bar stools at my beautiful island in my beautiful kitchen while I cook. It was fabulous. The only thing that would have made it a bit better would have been a nice glass of pinto grigio. Soon enough…



7. AND, the biggest thing of them all???? Our deck was finished this last week!!!!! As you will see, this puppy is ridiculously high off of the ground right now, so we will need a significant amount of dirt and mulch in order to avoid having our child experience a 5 foot drop off some day, but we’ll get there.


So, now we are all ready (for the most part) for Avery’s bday party this weekend and for my parents visit. Kind of crazy – after 30 years of working for NWA, my mother is officially retired. They are moving back from Amsterdam on Thursday and are stopping here for the weekend for Avery’s bday. Avery is THRILLED that Opa and Grandma are coming and keeps on saying, “No Opa and Grandma leave. No Opa and Grandma leave.” Very cute. I’m excited for them to be moving back to the states, but also a little sad (and anxious) for them, as I know that this is going to be the beginning of a very very different life than they are used to. Then again, what am I talking about? I would give anything at this point to be retired. Only 33 more years…

No comments:

Post a Comment