Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Must be something in the water...

This weekend was Lexi’s baby shower in Milwaukee. It was a great weekend overall and I think that she had a great time. I flew in on Friday night at around 10:30 and then left at 6 pm on Sunday night, so it was a quick trip, but well worth it. And, as it turns out, the shower ended up being one week after Avery’s 2nd birthday, which means that I would have had to pay for a ticket for her had I brought her with me. Granted, I probably could have just fibbed a bit and said that she was just shy of turning 2, but honestly? It was kind of nice flying solo. I just sat on the plane and did my cross stitch (yes, I know – kind of 80-year-old’ish, but whatever) and watched the other parents struggle to keep their toddlers occupied. It was lovely. I will say that I did miss her and I was excited to see her on Monday morning, so I’m not entirely as selfish as I sound. I might also add that I think Josh was pretty excited to see me come home. As it turns out, taking care of Avery and trying to get everything done around the house is pretty challenging. Not to mention, dealing with Leinie who a) is just kind of a freak and has taken to pacing the house and panting pretty much non-stop for no reason (it really is enough to drive you freaking nuts) b) who decided to spill his water bowl twice on two different rugs, resulting in Josh attempting to dry it up with fans and whatever other device he could find prior to me seeing it oh, and c) bleeding all over my new living room rug (he has a sore on his leg). Lovely. Anyway, enough about us…

The shower was really nice. My aunt Nancy seems to be the chosen one to host all of the showers at her house and let me tell you, as a result, she has this type of thing down to a science. Lexi’s shower was a rubber ducky theme, and wow – there were lots of rubber duckies! Oh – first of all, I should start with the invitations – they were delivered all rolled up in a baby bottle! It was such a great idea (and, one to steal if you ever throw a baby shower!). Anyway, back to the duckies…here are some pictures of the various tables that she had set up.


It was hilarious having Lexi and I there together with our bellies. We are both pretty much all belly (ok, so my butt has gotten a bit larger than hers, but whatever…), but it’s funny because mine is kind of more narrow and seems to stick out more and then lexi’s is a bit more round and basketball-like and much lower than mine. It will be interesting to see if we have the same sex of baby.

So, not only were Lexi and I pregnant, but there were FOUR other women who were pregnant at the shower as well (hence, the title of the post – although, none of us live near each other, so I guess it really doesn’t make sense because we haven’t all been drinking the same water, but I thought that it was catchy nonetheless). One of the other pregnant ones was Sara, who is due in September and then there were the 3 Larsen girls – Sarah, Becky (sisters) and Kersten (sister-in-law). Sarah is due beginning of July, Becky is due middle of October and Kersten is due end of October. Here is a picture of all of us – there were two cameras taking pictures and mine ended up with the not so good ones apparently, but you get the idea. We are standing in order of due date.
The rest of the day on Saturday was spent hanging out with my family and Sara and then on Sunday, all of the high school girls got together for lunch to celebrate Melissa’s birthday. Melissa and Anne brought Jack and Kate, who are both adorable and really well behaved! We realized that there are soon to be 10 kids between the five of us. It makes me wonder when we will ever be able to have another girls’ weekend where none of us is pregnant or nursing (because, let’s face it – a sober girls’ weekend just wouldn’t really cut it). Somehow, I think that it may be a while…

Sara and I spent the rest of the day Sunday playing with Chad outside. It was a nice end to the weekend. He really is such a great kid and I love spending time with him. Oh, and you have to check out this car that he has. It’s crazy…it has a real radio and everything.
After this last weekend, things have finally slowed down for us and the plan is to now start focusing on this baby. I’m hoping to get the nursery furniture shortly and then we can get the nursery set up and get some clothes put away and diapers and anything else that we need for this one. I actually brought a bunch of Chad’s baby clothes home with me, as everyone is convinced that this one is a boy. We’ll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment