Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Christmas in Houston Part II

Both of Lexi's girls have a double bed, so in an effort to allow for both Josh and I to be comfortable, I slept in Charlotte's room with Annabel and Charlotte and Josh slept in Annabel's room with our kids.  Which, was great.  I love spending time with the girls and thought it was cute that we were all having a slumber party every night.  And, what was really cute (insert sarcasm) was when Charlotte would wake me up every morning at ahem....6:30 AM.  You see, Charlotte has a clock in her room that turns green when she is allowed to wake up.  So, every morning?  At 6:30?  "Aunt Whitney?  Can we watch TV now?  My light is green."  And, every morning, I would wake up, get them set up in the media room and then go back to sleep.  So, really, not too bad overall.  What was REALLY shocking????  The same thing happened on Christmas morning!  I am pretty certain that none of them attempted to go downstairs until at least 7/7:30.  But, when they did?  They witnessed the mound of presents that Santa left...

 
 





 
Alex picked out this tie for Josh all by himself at the Santa's workshop at school.  Pretty impressive!

 
Some of the favorite gifts were the towels that Grandma made for all 4 kids - Avery and Alex use theirs daily.  Very cool.
 

 
And, of course, I have to brag about the sign that I had made for Opa and Grandma.  As you all know, the kids bring their scooters with them whenever they are all together and do quite a lot of scooting, so I thought that this would be perfect to hang on Opa and Grandma's driveway in WI!


Finally, after a couple of hours, all of the presents were opened...
 
 
I think that everyone can agree that it was once again, a plentiful Christmas morning. 
 
That afternoon, because you can do these things in TX on Christmas, we took the kids to the playground for a couple of hours to let them run around.  It was a gorgeous day - mid 60's and sunny.  And, to celebrate, we let the kids play while the adults sat near enjoying a beverage.  Apparently, I was really enjoying my beverage because I can't find a single picture from that playground trip! We went home after the playground and enjoyed a great dinner that night...
 



 
And, after dinner, we drove to a nearby neighborhood to check out all of the lights!  The kids scooted all throughout the neighborhood and had a great time. 




 
And, of course, Charlotte had to pee halfway through. You gotta do what you gotta do!



Yet again, it was another memorable Christmas.  Last part of Houston trip to follow.  One of these days, I will learn how to better summarize our life and what we are doing.  Then again, who am I kidding?  When have I ever been good at leaving out every detail???? 



No comments:

Post a Comment