Monday, June 9, 2014

Guys' Weekend

Well, as the title indicates, Alex's trip to NYC was with Josh only, which means that I don't have many stories to share other than what Josh told me, but I'll do my best to at least document their itinerary as well as one funny (slightly inappropriate story). 

Their weekend started on Friday morning - Josh and Alex boarded the train to NYC and off they went.  According to Josh, the train was really exciting for about the first 10 mins and then got pretty boring pretty fast.  Of course, I had packed only about 10000 things for Alex to do on the train and do you think that they busted out any of them?  No.  But, whatever.







Once they arrived, they took the taxi to their hotel, which is where the funny story takes place.  So, apparently, the taxi driver was a very nice Indian man (turban and all) who was very talkative and immediately asked Josh and Alex where they were from.  At which point, Alex practiced what he has been learning in school and rattled off our entire address.  I mean, he might as well have just announced that his sister and mother were home all alone that weekend and that he could invite any of his friends to kidnap us.  Thankfully, we survived.  No need to worry.  Well, as they were in the cab, there was apparently quite a bit of traffic.  Specifically, there was a truck in front of the cab that wasn't moving, so the cab driver honked at him.  The truck moved and the cab driver drove by...only to stop at the next stoplight and end up right next to said truck.  Turns out, the driver of the truck was a bit annoyed and didn't like being honked at, so he proceeded to roll down his window and yell (mind you, I'm just repeating what he said - this in no way is a reflection on my views towards Indian men), "Yo!  Abu!  Where the F*UCK** did you want me to go?" All of this with my poor innocent child (not to mention, my country mouse of a husband) in the backseat.  I guess it didn't really phase Alex and Josh found the whole thing to be comical, so all was well with the world.

**Hahahaha!  I was just re-reading this and had to leave it the way that I initially typed it.  I love how I didn't actually replace a letter with an asterisk, but instead, just left the entire word in there and added an asterisk to it.  Classic Whitney. 

After arriving at the hotel, Josh and Alex headed over to FAO Schwartz to check out the toys and to buy something for both Alex and Avery.   That night, they had dinner with Josh's friend from HS - Ned.  Josh gave Ned very strict guidelines - either Italian or Steak and a meeting time of 6 PM.  I told Josh that I'm pretty certain Ned was eating a good 4 hours earlier than normal that night.

The next day was the big museum day.  From what I understand, Alex loved seeing the dinosaurs and was able to recite a lot of information about all of them.  However, just like his dad, Alex can only handle so much time in the big city away from home.  So, after about 4 hours in the museum, Josh asked him if he wanted to go anywhere else and he asked to go home.  It worked out well because they were able to catch an earlier train and got in at around 7 PM that night. 







All in all, a good trip and definitely one that I think both will remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment