Saturday, November 10, 2012

International Day

It was international day (as you may have gathered by the title of the post) at Avery's school today.  All grades learned a dance from a different part of the world and performed it.  As you can imagine, everyone looks forward to the kindergarten dance, as "they are all just so cute." 

Yeah - they're cute.  Except for when it is the morning of the dance and a certain Kindergartner has created an image of a dress that she wants to wear as her "American Dance Costume" and somehow, thinks that because she has this image in her mind?  It will just magically appear in her closet.  They were supposed to wear red, white and blue for their square dancing performance.  Mind you, I've known about this for a good two months, so one would think that I would have figured out a costume well in advance, but nope!  Come on people - cut me some slack!  We've had hurricanes to deal with around here.  I can't be running out and buying my kid a bandanna and a cowboy hat (even if I have known for 2 months). 

ANYWAY - she wanted to wear a dress, but I had to explain to her that she didn't have a dress that was red, white and blue, so that wasn't an option.  My lord.  We discussed this for a good 20 mins this morning, which was awesome because, as it turns out, I barely have enough time to brush my freaking teeth in the morning, much less argue with my 5-year-old fashionista daughter.  ANYWAY...I won.  She wore white and blue ( I couldn't find any red).  And, was pretty darn cute...

1 comment: