Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Testing Limits

Ok, so I kind of thought that it was funny and cute when Alex received a time out for the first time the other day....until I was the one who he hit and consequently had to be the one to issue the timeouts.


We are clearly going through a "testing our limits" phase here.

The problem is, the first couple of times this happened, I put him in time out and told him (sternly - some may even call it "yelling") that he can't do that, yadda, yadda, yadda and he then started to cry. This is good. This means that he gets it and that he feels badly about it. Recently? He just sits there and slowly looks the other way. As if to say, " I can't hear you, Mom. This isn't sinking in. I'm about to hit you again for making me sit here." So, now I'm at a loss! I mean, what more can you do to a 17 month old boy to make him realize that he can't hit people? Why can't he be this happy, smiley kid every day???








No comments:

Post a Comment